Monday, March 1, 2010

Comments for Teachers

For this assignment I have been following a blog, "At the teacher's desk." It is a blog that is comprised of a team of teachers from all over the world. I can not keep up with all the new blog posts so Dr. Strange has narrowed it down to two contributors for me, Jarrod Lamshed and William Chamberlin. I have followed the blog for 3 weeks and learned alot. As a future educator the ideas and advice that you can find in all blogs, not this just this particular one, can help to better prepare you as a teacher. I know I have gained good insight of what the future has in store for me.

Week 7 was the first time I visited this blog. William Chamberlin posted information about a webpage he found. It is called Kidsblog. When I read this I thought, what a great post. It is always good to get information that can be beneficial in the classroom. As you can tell, our EDM310 class blogs all the time and we have seen elementary students do it to. But there is a problem with safety with the younger students because of creeps on the internet. Now there is a solution to the problem. Check out William Chamberlin's post for more information. He gives the full scoop.

Week 8 was the second time I was visiting the blog. So I scrolled down to the newest post published by William Chamberlin. He published a post about google alerts. This is a system on google that will search the internet automatically and email you alerts. It doesn't just search fro anything. You give it key words. It keeps a constant look out for the key words or materials related to the key words. For an educator, this is great. I know have google alerting me about new information pertaining to secondary education and mathematics.

Week 9: The newest post that was published was about how Disney now allows access to stream videos online. This seems to be a housekeeping post but it is the only one I saw written by William Chamberlin since the last time I visited. Although, this is very good information for people with families. Kids love Disney movies. I know I did.

All in all, I have learned a lot from William Chamberlin's blog posts and the blog "At the Teacher's Desk" in general. Mr. Chamberlin has shared excellent information that I'm sure I might use when I get into the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment