Saturday, April 3, 2010

Comments for Teachers 2

For this comments for teachers assignment, I am assigned to visit Paul McMahon's blog. Paul is a math teacher in the Asian region. I am always looking for advice from any teacher but this a good opportunity to gain knowledge from a fellow math teacher. Maybe learn how technology is specifically used in the classroom to teach math.

On my first visit to his blog, I saw that he has not posted since February of this this year. So I checked out some of his older posts. His works entails him trying to implement technology into classrooms that are still predominantly textbook and examination driven.

With my second and last visit to his blog, I found out that he now works full time for Mathletics. This is website which allows kids to learn and have fun math at the same time. Paul McMahon is a regional manager for the asain region. But this is another prime example of how technology is being used to break down classroom walls and bring kids together. Paul believes that math hooks teachers into using technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment