Monday, February 22, 2010

"This is how we dream" (Parts 1 and 2)
This video is really cool. I wish I knew how to make a production such as that one. I think this video is just another example of what the future is going to be like for education. Students won't just be submitting reports on paper anymore, if at all. Our students are living in a world were information is instant and we must attempt to keep up.
As Richard Miller pointed out, this is a way to push ideas into the world. With regular ink and paper it takes a relatively long time to get a book on the market. But with technology and the internet, new ideas can be shown to the world much faster. Also they can be accessed instantly.
I do not see our future students of the near future being able to write with multimedia as well as the video portrays it. But the way our society is shifting towards being more technologically dominant and efficient, I can not rule that out. Although, I definitely expect it soon after.

"The Networked Student"
As I watched the movie about a networked student, I could not help but think that is similar to some of things we do in this class. We use delicious to share information that we find with our podcast team. We our learning to be networked students ourselves. In this case, I think I am ready to be the teacher of networked students. This way the students do not have to stuck in the classroom listening to boring lectures. They also learn more my going out and looking for the information and forming their own opinion. Also, they have an audience to share their findings with. They can share ideas and gain greater knowledge of a topic through continuing discussion.

"Toward a new future of whatever"
This video by Michael Wesch is about how times have changes and so have the people and generations. He has it somewhat correct about the generation of today, the "mtv generation." It can be confusing at times but he gets to points that easy to understand, youtube. We all have seen videos on youtube. It's way for people to express themselves. Also people can watch other people at a distance. I would have to agree with Mr. Wesch, that our generation have to fear or anxiety. When somebody makes a youtube video, they are thinking about the millions of potential viewers. So they do want to represent themselves well. But the creators do not get to see their audience watching them so therefore there is nothing to really to be scared about what they are going to say because it's not to your face. It would be to a computer. Sometimes, I think this represents our generation and sometimes it does not.


Comments for Kids

This week I commented on a class blog. They posted a video of them learning to sew. This is just to let you in on some of the other kid blogs I have commented on:
Week 4 I commented a class blog where the class made a animation video about sea life.
Week 5 I commented on student's blog. He wrote a book review.
Week 6 I commented on a class blog. They showed a short video and wrote about earthworms.

No comments:

Post a Comment