Friday, February 5, 2010

Podcasting in the Classroom (Week 4 post)

symbol of podcast
Last week, I listened to six podcasts for about ten minutes each. So I have only dabbled into podcasting. I thought about some of the general advantages that podcasts have. Being a future teacher, I also pondered about ways to use them in teaching. The video that I choose to watch for this week confirms some of my points and also taught me some new positives that podcasts can have.
As confirmed for me, the video clip "Podcasting in the classroom" shows some useful methods for how to enhance students' learning experience. As we are all going to be teachers of in the new millennium, we are taking on the task of teaching student that have no idea what living without a computer or some kind of technology. Because of this, podcasts can be useful in keeping their attention because of their familiarity with them. Teachers can record lectures and post them as podcasts and students can go back and listen to them as reviews. This also works out good for students who have to miss class. They can listen to the lecture right at home from their computer. Students can also create and write podcast which allows them to use their creative abilities. There many uses for podcasts in the classroom. I encourage everyone to watch this video. It is a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Zak, I'm in class F.
    Great post on podcasting. I completely agree with you about kids in the new millennium "having no idea what living without a computer" is like. My nephew is 3, and iPhones, computers, skype, all of that just seems normal to him. (And he knows how to use it all, which blows my mind!!!)
    So far this class has showed me that I am not ready for this challenge!
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete